There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, 17 February 2011

Friday 11th February - Wednesday 17th February




I have firstly changed the background image to a new photo I have taken - I have edited this image on Photoshop, first inverting it, then lowering the brightness and heightening the contrast, I then edited the colors so that the brick wall is now a subtle navy blue and then added the effect solarize to it for impact. 

I have also added an extra page as my article was too large to fit onto one page, I used the same brick wall background as on the double page and then added another picture to this page from the photoshoot I did for the double page spread. 

Moreover, I have changed the title so that the word 'INSIDE' spreads across the whole three columns and the words 'THE ASYLUM' is below this in smaller font, with the effects 'drop shadow' and 'shadow' on them.

I have furthermore added a standfirst to my article, as this is a required convention of a magazine article. 
Also, I have added the page numbers to the bottom left and bottom right corners along with the magazine's 'website'. 

During this time I have also slightly edited my contents page. I have changed the background colour behind the word 'contents' to purple (in keeping with the magazine title on the front page), I have also changed the colours behind the titles 'features' and 'regulars' to red (in keeping with the coverlines on the front page). I have also moved the pictured into the centre column rather than the right hand column, to make the page look more interesting and also to further seperate the feature and regular content. Furthermore I have changed my issue date and number to white, and added subsription information and contact information in the top right corner of the page.


Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Photos for DP 2

This is the final image for my DPS. I have edited this in many ways, such as inverting the background (when it was black and white) adding a navy blue tint to it and then addinf the effect solarize to it. I like this image as it conveys much attitude, and also relates to the band, not only because of the tshirt, but also because of  a mask, it may suggest that the band is kind of 'insane' but in a fun way, and also the mask is similar to the face of Disturbeds animated 'mascot' or 'logo' the guy, who appears on most of their album covers and in their video for the song 'Land of Confusion'.


This is the final image for the third page of my DPS. It is a part of the brick wall seen in the first image, it has also been inverted (from when it was black and white below), tinted and solarized.


This is my experiment of the wall for the DPS third page in black and white. This would have worked, however it was impossible for the writing to stand out on it, therefore it could not be used. I also think this is not as effective at creating an impact as the much edited wall above.


This was my experiment for the main image with a black and white wall. It cannot be used for the same reasons as above.


This is the original photo which I am going to use for my DPS.

These pictures below are the other pictures I took during my second photoshoot for the DPS. I am not using these for various reasons, mainly because on them either the backgroud isn't right, the models attitude isn't right or their pose isn't right.













Thursday, 10 February 2011

Friday 4th Febuary - Thursday 10th Febuary

During this time I have been making amendments to all my production work:


In my contents page I have made a number of changes, such as adding more coverlines, making the word 'contents' bigger, making the page numbers purple, making the issue date and number purple and changing the top right image so that it relates to the front cover.


In my double page spread article I have added the title of the article.


I have decided when it comes to my front cover that I will use purple for my title (so that it stands out more) and the strip and red for my coverlines, I have also changed the coverline about the band 'Disturbed' so that it is the same as the title of my DPS. I have also made it so that my main images umbrella covers part of the title, and made her red lipstick stand out a bit more so that it ties in with the coverlines. I have also made sure that all the writing and shapes in the strip are aligned correctly.

Thursday, 3 February 2011

Monday 31st January - Thursday 3rd Febuary


In this time I have edited the picture for the DPS article, I made it slightly bigger using Photoshop so that it goes over onto the first page a little, therefore making the pages link, I also added the filter Fresco to the picture on Photoshop to make the picture look darker and more interesting. 


I have also been editing my front cover image, editing small typos etc. I also changed the main color to red to see its effect. I do think the red is effective, and maybe makes the magazine look less 'girly' to appeal more to the male audience. However, in my questionnaire results, purple was the favorite color of my target audience, although red was second. Therefore, maybe I will experiment with using both red and purple. 


Here is my experimentation of using both purple and red on my front cover, the title is purple and the strip at the bottom also has purple accents. I feel that this does make the title stand out more, however I don't know if the two colors coordinate well enough.